While emptying the dishwasher the other day, I noticed that someone had organized the silverware by type while still in the machine. Since this is not my habit, and because I am the one in our two-person household who normally loads the dishwasher, I could only assume that my Handsome Husband's obsessive-compulsive tendencies had set in.I confirmed this later at dinner.
Me: "Honey, have you ever reorganized the silverware in the dishwasher?"
He didn't even act surprised.
HH: "Of course. It's a lot easier to empty the dishwasher that way."
Me: "Do you remember the time you announced you were obsessive-compulsive after reading that article in Reader's Digest?"
HH responded with a hand gesture I shall not describe on a family-oriented blog.
I later discussed this aberrant behavior with my brother Scott, only to find that he agreed with my husband.
Me: "He reorganized the silverware in the dishwasher by type."
Scott: "Of course. It's a lot easier to empty the dishwasher that way."
Me: "What? You know, there's medication for that. Besides, it encourages silverware nesting and may not get cleaned."
Scott: "It's less likely to nest if you put in in 'business end up.'"
Me: "But that's dangerous! You could stab yourself with the knives & forks while trying to get them out."
Scott: "I find that an element of danger makes housework more interesting."
Clearly, OCD runs in my family. My future children are doomed.

All I can say is that if my husband ever got it in his head to load the dish washer, I'd be lucky if the silverware even made it into the silverware holder. More than likely, I'd find him thinking up ways to redesign and make the machine more efficient. LOL
ReplyDeleteFor the record:
ReplyDeleteThe steak knives go in pointy-end first. I'm adventurous, not crazy.
Oh my word! You are stinkin hilarious! I just love you! How in the world did you find me? I'm just glad you did because now I found you and this awesome blog!
ReplyDelete